CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 30, 2008

We Will Miss Auntie Lily

This past Saturdeay, we helped Lily (or auntie Lily as the kids call her) and Bryan pack as they moved back to Kansas City(home for them). Her husband was an ER resident here and is now finished with his residency.

I met Lily almost 4 years ago at work. She is a labor/delivery nurse too. We clicked,and have been great friends ever since. She has been there for me through IVF and a triplet pregnancy. She visited me while I was on bed rest and brought me food. She was in the OR when they were born. Lily always made my kids a priority. We saw her at least once a week. She has been at their b-day parties, had lunch dates with us, park days with us. Lily was there the day Sophie was born. She also came and helped me at Play 2 Learn(a mommy and me preschool) many, many days.

My kids have grown to love her and we will miss her dearly. She is now pregnant with twins and I hope I can be in the OR with her when her little ones are born. She will be an amazing mom. I am so excited for what is in store for her. We will miss her so much. I am so used to having her nearby when I needed an ear to listen or a helping hand. We love you!






2 comments:

melanie said...

Those are great pictures of Lily and the kids. She will be greatly missed! I can't wait to visit her in Kansas and finally meet her twins! I hope to see you guys soon. Mike misses his little hill climbing Kate

Anonymous said...

i can't believe i have a whole post on your blog!! i got teary-eyed just reading it... believe me, auntie lily's having a hard time too! miss you and love you!!