We rarely use our front door. Since the car is in the garage, we pretty much always go in and out of the garage. Well, Dan has been going out the front door every morning when he leaves for work. Today he told me that he has been noticing that a bird always flies away as soon as he opens the door in the morning and now he knows why. That's right, we have a nest nestled between the wreath and the door with a tiny egg in it. I don't know how long it has been there, but now I am afraid to open my door at all. I guess we will be having a baby bird chirping at our front door soon. The kids all checked it out and they were fascinated

.
6 comments:
I like the birds little egg. I remeber when I was little and we had a spider that looked like Charlet from the movie Charlots web in our back yard and it was fun to see. Well chat soon.
Wow what a find! A perfect little spot for it! I bet the kids loved seeing that!
picture perfect! people pay good money to have fake ones nestled in their wreaths;-) so lucky to have one of your very own NATURAL ones, how fun!
I'm sure the kids love it. It probably freaks out everyone who comes to your door. Very cool.
Awww...so cute! Be careful, you don't want any cracked eggs by the front door. The kids would not be happy. ;)
So cute...and fun for kids. We've got two of those nests around our house. One is in our umbrella out by the pool, the other is in the eave of the kids' playhouse. Maryn found them and came and got my camera and took pictures.
Post a Comment