CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Big 15 Month Old Little Girl

Well, technically Sophie was 15 months old yesterday, so she is actually 15 months old and 1 day old today:) I cannot believe how much this little girl has grown up lately. She is now an official toddler, with tantrum throwing and every thing. Sophie loves to be a part of every thing going on and seems to think she is the same age as her siblings. She wants to do what they do, eat what they eat, and go to preschool with them.

Sophie is becoming more self sufficient than my other kids were at this age. Probably because of their example. She gets cups out of the cupboard and wants water out of the fridge just like the older kids. She will open the pantry and help herself to snacks. She also loves washing her hands and face. If I give her a wipe or a napkin she does a great job.
Sophie is definitely a talker. She constantly jib jabs to me like she is actually saying something and she is waiting for me to respond. Words that I do understand include mama, cracker, bubble, baby, ball, ca(candy), papa(grandpa). She understands every thing I say and is very good at shaking her head "no" and nodding her head "yes." She also signs milk, please, thank you, and wash hands.

Lately Sophie has been cracking me up with her pouty face she likes to give every one. Of course it always turns into a smile. She is my little junk mouth(I wonder where she gets that) and knows exactly where the treats are. She doesn't miss a thing. Her little personality is so cute and I love having her around. She is really turning into a little independent person. Makes me sad that she is getting so big-she is still my baby though.

Here are a few pictures from today:
And for fun, here are a few pictures from a year ago:

4 comments:

Janelle Ehat said...

She is so beautiful! I can't believe how old she is! We need to see you guys more often!

haley said...

I also hate to see them grow up sometimes. It is bitter sweet. I love the pictures.

Gwen Hawkins said...

What a sweet post. That makes me miss my girls as babies too..my baby is 4!! I just found out my sis in law is pregnant, so I'm excited for another baby in the family.

Anonymous said...

man, i miss these kiddos... ;)