I love going on trips and April seemed to be full of them. The weekend after Easter in HMB, Dan and I took a last minute trip to Indiana and Chicago. This was Dan's last week of traveling to Kentucky (which he has been doing for over a year) and we thought it would be fun for me to go out there instead of him coming home for the weekend. Heather was sweet enough to let the triplets have a sleepover for the weekend and I brought Sophie with me. Note to self-don't ever fly with an 18 month old again. Sitting between 2 men on a packed flight, across country with a screaming child was not too enjoyable. I had dvd's, candy, books, etc., but all Sophie wanted to do was be independent and run around the airplane. :) Thank goodness she was well behaved once we got there.
Dan went on his mission to Indiana and he has not been back since so we thought it would be fun to visit his old mission sites. Dan drove from Lexington and picked Sophie and I up at the Indianapolis airport late Thursday night. The next morning we went and checked his old mission apt. in Brownsburg and then headed out to the "covered bridge capital of the world." We were out in the country in western Indiana and it was so beautiful. We saw some really cool covered bridges and were able to drive through them. Loved it! 


From there, we headed toward Chicago and stayed with Aunt Suzee and Uncle jack in Naperville. It was so fun to see there house and be able to visit with them.



From there, we headed toward Chicago and stayed with Aunt Suzee and Uncle jack in Naperville. It was so fun to see there house and be able to visit with them.Then, Saturday morning we got up and headed toward downtown Chicago. We checked into our hotel. We stayed in the Marriott right on Michigan Ave. It was a great location. 
We went up the Hancock tower and checked out the view. We took a walk down Navy Pier. I was pleasantly surprised with how beautiful the architecture of the city was and I loved the parks and trails all along Lake Michigan.

Of course I had to go shopping :) and there was great shopping on Michigan Avenue. One store I had never been in was American Girl Place.
This place was amazing. I had never seen anything like it. I have always loved looking through their catalogs, but I have never actually owned one of these dolls. I would have loved to have my older girls there with me. There was a beauty salon for your doll,

We went up the Hancock tower and checked out the view. We took a walk down Navy Pier. I was pleasantly surprised with how beautiful the architecture of the city was and I loved the parks and trails all along Lake Michigan.


Of course I had to go shopping :) and there was great shopping on Michigan Avenue. One store I had never been in was American Girl Place.
This place was amazing. I had never seen anything like it. I have always loved looking through their catalogs, but I have never actually owned one of these dolls. I would have loved to have my older girls there with me. There was a beauty salon for your doll,
a doll hospital,
and a special restaurant for you and your doll. Soooo fun!
and a special restaurant for you and your doll. Soooo fun!Sunday morning, Dan took Sophie and I to the airport for another hideous flight home. :) We had fun though and I was so thankful to Heather for watching the triplets! When I returned home, I found out that Lily, Bryan, and her twins had taken a spontaneous road trip to Chicago from Kansas City for the same weekend, staying down the street from us-and we missed them. What are the chances???? I am still in shock about that whole situation. I really wanted to kick myself for not communicating better-Arghhh!
Two weeks after my Chicago trip, I was fortunate enough to be able to go to Women's Conference at BYU. I had gone for about 6 consecutive years until last year. Last year I had a little nursing baby :). I was so excited to go this year though. My mom and I roomed together with Jill and her sister Tina next door to us.
Heather and Heidi were not able to go this year because of little Max and Rose:) and we missed them. Next year maybe we can all go together.

On Saturday, I went with my mom and dad up to SLC to stay in a hotel for the night before I headed back on Sunday. My parents were at the end of their 7 week trek around the country. I loved shopping with my mom and our hotel was great. I had my own bedroom with my own TV, and my own bathroom. It was heaven for a night:) Dan did a great job taking care of the kids and I was so appreciative of his support and willingness to let me have a girls weekend.
We had so much fun and I always love going back to BYU campus and reminiscing. The talks are always so uplifting and I enjoyed having a little time with just my mom! On Friday, May1 I was also able to see my in laws. They came down for just Friday. It's always fun catching up with Lisa, Kristi, Nancy, and Janet.
.jpg)

3 comments:
It sounds like Sophie and Blake are very similar! We are flying next week and I am nervous!
Life sounds like it has been a blast and that the kids are going well say hi ti everyone. Hugs and kiss to all.
ok, next time you are in utah i expect a heads up;-) and...i may never fly again. for sure i will never fly alone with a toddler again. NO WAY JOSE. did i ever tell you how he screamed the entire way home and pooped 10 min before landing? like a big one that couldn't wait to be changed. yeah, i was THAT lady.
Post a Comment